Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Great news!

My husband Mike will be getting a job offer from Oxford Aviation Training!!!! He's been looking for work since he married me and moved to England over a year ago. They haven't sent the formal letter yet, but it's coming at the end of the week, according to their HR manager. He's still waiting to hear from another job possibility that was presented to him by a headhunter. All in all, a very interesting week! And, by the way, it's snowing! It almost never snows in Oxford--it's too much of a swamp. But it has been snowing since Monday, when we bought our car and Mike had his second interview at OAT. Mike opened a bottle of Amarone tonight after we got back from a meeting and we had some Boursin on oatcakes (which would be sort of oat crackers in the US) in celebration of the good news. Oatcakes, OAT... I can't help eating punny food!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'll be sure to think of you when I eat my oatbran muffin in the morning :).

JoMo said...

Ha! :-) Too funny!