Saturday, February 26, 2005

While the cat's away . . .

. . . the mouse goes "Click, click, click!"

I read a funny story on Mark Roberts blog recently, in which he tells about rehearsing animal sounds with his young son. "What does a cow say?" "Moo!" "What does a cat say?" "Miaow!" What does a mouse say?" To which is 2 year old replied, "Click!" No kidding!

By the way, Mark Roberts was one of my lecturers (American speak: professors) for a New Testament class at Fuller Seminary . He's an excellent teacher, very intelligent (Harvard BA and PhD), very faithful, pastor of a good church (Irvine Presbyterian in Orange County, California). I commend his blog to you. He does some great series on it -- currently looking at the TNIV translation.

Mike is at Wycliffe Hall all day at a "Could it be you?" event. I.e. could you be called to ministry, specifically in the Anglican church and more specifically training at Wycliffe. We had decided he should go to this event before the job offer came up. It's part of the exploration of the larger question of God's call in his/our life.

So what am I doing? Trying to figure out how to post links to other websites in the text of my post and not just in the title of the posts. Then I'm going grocery shopping IN THE CAR!! This is a first for me, as I've never driven to a grocery store in the UK yet. Okay, Mike and I have done some grocery shopping with friends who had cars and also in a rental car. But I was never the one driving. It's been 6 1/2 years since I've driven to the grocery store, shopped, put groceries in the car, and driven home. Uh, other than some trips back to the US . . . I know this sounds wacky to some people, but I just can't tell you how different it will be from getting groceries home any other way -- on the handlebars and basket of my bike, walking a mile or so, or walking and taking the bus.

Well, I guess I better get to it!

1 comment:

JoMo said...

Hey Beth! What brings you to this neighbo(u)rhood?

Sounds like you've been on Mark Roberts blog about the TNIV. I think you've inspired another post....