Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Just need some space

Well, I've published the world map and the US map, but can't figure out how to resize them so that they don't block the sidebar on the right of the blog! So I am creating another post just to try to scoot the maps down the screen a bit so that they pass the sidebar and settle into the wider lower half of the page.... I haven't a clue how to do HTML, so this is all a bit ad hoc for me. I would like to figure out how to add in more sidebars with links to other blogs and websites, maybe a "Books I'm reading" column, that sort of thing. Or maybe I should just go do my work! (Ooooh, I heard an "Amen!" out there!)

Mike's just gone off in our new car (well, new to us!). It's the first car I've had in 6.5 years. Okay, I did have a car that I lent and then leased to some friends while I was in Croatia, finally selling it to them at the end of two years of the more temporary arrangement. So technically I owned a car 4.5 years ago. I just didn't get to drive it very often! The new car is a blue (very important detail to Mike, who gave up a blue Jeep Grand Cherokee to marry me!) 2001 Peugeot 306. For Americans, I might have to explain that that is a French car, a brand not sold in the US. Before you boo hiss us for buying French, I ought to explain that the car was actually manufactured in the UK and we bought it from some very nice English people! So that makes it only vaguely French.... Mais c'est vraiment belle, notre petite voiture!

3 comments:

Suzie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzie said...

Hey, no criticism of the French! From where I'm standing, they're not so bad...
Very cool that you've started blogging, Susan. I've put a link to your blog on my site.
Lots of love x

JoMo said...

Thanks, Suzie! Just a little good-natured American ribbing of the French! We're also jealous of the French because they get to enjoy your company while we are back in snowy (yes, snowy!) Oxford without you!

love
susan